- A Personal Learning
Network is informal learning network where a learner gains knowledge and is
made up of the individuals a learner interacts with. Usually a PLN includes visuals in the blog
rather than just posting text just so it’s not seen as “boring”. PLN also
includes links that are embedded on the PLN that are helpful in terms of doing
research.
- Three possible elements
of a good PLN in my opinion are things like having someone on the other end,
posting things such as stuff you are interested in, and make sure it looks “attractive”
and not boring.
- In my chosen field of post-secondary,
having a PLN would give me access to current professors, students who are
either graduating or who have at least finished first year of sociology at my
chosen university so that I have access to their notes and or purchase the
required books that I need for that class for cheaper prices.
- I think potential
employers would most likely like the idea of having an online portfolio rather
than on paper. The reason being is because even when a portfolio is on paper,
employers still access the internet to “creep” you to see what kind of person
you are and what sort of stuff is on the internet with your name attached to
it. Having an online portfolio gives them less work to do, view all your work
and or research, and also have direct links to specific sites.
- Currently, I believe my online footprint is decently friendly and this is because I keep a very close eye to my privacy settings and even the pictures I post as well. I rarely get tagged in pictures and the ones that I already am tagged in are nothing “bad”.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Personal Learning Network Questions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment