Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Post #1: Khan Academy


I think learning off YouTube and Khan Academy is really effective. I have personally used Khan Academy myself and I found it to be a life saver. I used this academy for Data Management during first semester. What happened was that I was having a hard time with one of the units, near the very beginning of the course. My teacher did have much time half the time and when he did, I could barely understand his way of learning.

I tried getting a tutor but she ended up teaching me the wrong stuff which I probably would not have figured out until my teacher pointed out to me I was doing the stuff wrong.

Anyways, I went to my teacher and again I was unable to fully understand what he was trying to teach me, so he told me about Khan Academy and what they do and lucky I had already heard about it in my grade 11 math class. So he told me to go there if I had any more questions and that is what I ended up doing. I found it to be really helpful and really easy to learn from. I ended up acing that entire unit.

I eventually ended up dropping the course but while I was in it, I would use that website often. I love the fact that I have the ability to go back and fast forward just in case I miss something/don’t get it or I want to skip to something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment