Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Itunes #4



A lot of universities and colleges are going this route probably because it’s less time consuming than going through stacks of paper. I also believe that they may use this technique so that it’s accessible to all students and if they have any sorts of questions they can just look online. It’s so much easier than tracking down the professor or other classmates in that class. 

One of the best advantages is that because universities and colleges are starting to use more and more technology students are always up to date. Being up to date is a great advantage mostly for the students, and because they are fully aware of the technology that is being used they are prepared to encounter the technology out in the workforce. 

An advantage for the professors is probably the fact that they are getting to learn something new along with the students. It is true that the stuff that these professors put online is free, but a lot of people are learning new things from them. 

I feel that there is kind of a catch to these online courses. I mean yes they are free, but I feel that there is some sort of an advantage for the professors. Maybe they get paid a certain amount of money depending on how many views they get. If this is the case (or something like this) then it is an advantage for both students and professors.

No comments:

Post a Comment